A formal event! September 20, 2008.
I used Simplicity 4270, and my fabric was silk shantung with a flocked/beaded applique border. Below is the muslin. I used linen. The weight of this fabric was similar to the fabric I was planning to use. With this fabric, there was no room for error - too precious! Therefore, it was imperative I refine the fit on test fabric.
Above -- Bodice interior. Bodice was lined with fashion fabric. Here, I'm pointing out the bra strap stay in the shoulder.
Below -- Here's how joined the appliques at the seams. There were four seams on the skirt. I used a simple machine stitched hem. Skirt was lined with cotton batiste.