Sunday, February 15, 2009

Wash N' Wear/Drip Dry Clothes

By Wash N' Wear, I mean "go to" everyday clothes - easy to wear, easy to maintain. Easy to put on, wear, then throw in the wash. This dress is of a polyester knit, a stable jersey, bought from Mr. Kashi of Metro Textiles in New York, last autumn. The pattern is McCalls 5516. I made view C.

The hem is ruffled; I used a double stitched machine hem, which added the weight I wanted, while being neat and clean. The sleeves have a 'bubble' hem - easy to do by gathering and stitching the outer fabric onto an inner cylinder, then turning up.

3 comments:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Barbara - this is such a cute dress and sooooo you!

Lisette M said...

Very nice dress,Barbara. The neckline looks very much like an Onion dress pattern I hope to make soon.

Liana said...

Very cute! It looks very swingy and fun to wear. Great fabric.

View Barbara Elfman Bell's profile on LinkedIn