Sunday, January 31, 2010

A New and Spiffy Cover


My ironing board is a great shape -large, and sturdy. The only problem with it, was that - you guessed it - the cover was worn out and butt ugly. So here, you see my new cover.

One hour before Nick and I left for an event, last evening, I got ready to do some ironing. That was it. I did NOT want to look at that butt ugly cover any more.

So I made a new cover. Removed and flattened out the old cover, traced it out with a 1/2 inch seam allowance. Cut out the cover, serge-finished the edges, turned them under, sewed them down to make a drawstring casing. Then threaded string through the drawcord edge, tightened, and there it was! A beautiful new ironing board cover.

An added bonus is that the fabric came from my dear mother-in-law, Carol's, fabric collection. A cheerful, clean, uplifting new ironing board cover, done almost as quick as you can say, "lickety-split"!

3 comments:

Elaray said...

You make is sound so easy!!!

The Slapdash Sewist said...

I really need to do this. My ironing board cover is so gunked up with interfacing glue that it has left marks on some fabrics!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your info hear.
Found you on Google images.
I have a great board of a similar odd shape. Didn't think to take my sewing skill and do it my self.
Becasue of you I will.
Thanks