Sunday, April 29, 2007

Jacket + Skirt = Suit



This skirt is from the April Burda "World of Fashion". This is a pencil skirt. I added a godet at center back to create walking ease. Notice the button closure, which I added in concert with the invisible zipper. You can see the total effect with the suit jacket, worn with a tight fitting black camisole underneath. It' s still a 'pencil' skirt, but I am not hobbled a la Paul Poiret, who so generously 'freed' women from corsets in the early part of the last century, but compromised their mobility by proscribing the aptly named, 'hobble skirt'.

7 comments:

Shannon said...

That suit is so cute - it suits you to a "T". I really, really want a jacket just like that - I guess I had better get cracking!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Barbara - I love the way the two pieces work together. What a kewl and trendy work outfit! Just the kind of outfit I am looking for...

Liana said...

I like the jacket even better with this skirt! Great pairing of styles.

Tany said...

Great suit!! Love the design and I think you look great in it!

Gorgeous Things said...

I love, love, LOVE these two together! What a fabulous outfit.

renee said...

My jaw has dropped. I commented on PR but I've been in love with this skirt. Now, I have to have to jacket too.

Kitty Couture said...

Your outfit is so classy - beautiful work!

View Barbara Elfman Bell's profile on LinkedIn