Thursday, October 23, 2008

PowerDry Hiking Gear!

I am a woman of many activities. First, there's my 'day' job, which takes up most of my waking hours. Then, there's cooking, home duties, reading, museum and theater-going, hiking, running, biking, kayaking, clamming, going to the beach, drinking wine, and so on. But when two of my interests intersect...now that's the height of bliss! So it was when I got to wear some of the Pamela's Patterns t-shirts I made this past summer. I made the shirts from powerdry. I have five of these shirts.

Nick and I were in Utah last week. We had some wonderful times hiking. I'm wearing one of my Pamela's Patterns t-shirts. If you're still looking for that 'perfect' t shirt, these patterns are worth a try. I think they fit and flatter mature womens' bodies really well. Power dry fabric does not stretch much, though, so I had to make these t-shirts in a larger size than I normally would. But I was very comfortable in my power dry shirts, whether worn as an underlayer in the early morning of cold 30 degrees (fahrenheit) or in the 80 degree heat of the mid-day sun.

This was the view in the early morning outside our lodge window.

4 comments:

Gwen said...

Beautiful pics! We love vacationing in Utah too - all those parks! Bryce, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, Escalante... And I've made some t-shirts from polartec too - it IS great! I'll have to check out that pattern...

Lisette M said...

What fun! One of these days my family and I will get to those parks.

Cennetta said...

Wow! Great pictures and thanks for the tips on the pattern and fabric.

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures..! It seems that you had enjoyed your hiking.

View Barbara Elfman Bell's profile on LinkedIn