Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Yes, It's Halloween!

This spectre will greet the intrepid trick-or-treaters to our front door this coming Friday. It's been many a year since I carved a pumpkin. That's because about 10 years ago, Nick and I swore off giving out candy at Halloween, all because some nasty teenager smashed my pumpkin on the sidewalk at Halloween. But, it's time to 'do' Halloween once again. So, Nick bought a giganto bag of candy at Costco (of which I ate almost all the Butterfingers last night but there's still enough left for the children), and today, we got a pumpkin to carve.

When I was little, my mom would buy each of us kids a pumpkin, and boy, did we have fun carving them! The "ewwww" part was when we had to scoop out the 'guts' of the pumpkin, after opening up a lid at the top. Then, we got to the good part - carving out the design. Today, while doing the what came to my mind was not 'guts', but "antioxidant hand masque". A reminder...it's all perspective.

So, Happy Halloween. I'll be handing out candy this Friday night, and our pumpkin will be casting his glow on the neighborhood ghoulies.

No comments:

View Barbara Elfman Bell's profile on LinkedIn