Saturday, November 08, 2008

Gifts at the Ready!

There are several birthdays of friends and family coming up, so I spent this afternoon with some fabric, zippers, and the sewing machine, and made these: The five pouches are fully lined, with some silk given to me years ago by my friend, Catherine. Each bag will get a tassel and will be 'stuffed' with toiletries. I like Crabtree and Evelyn, so I usually buy a bunch when they're on sale, and keep them on hand. I did this 'assembly line' style, and overall, I guess it took me about five hours. Longer than I thought it would, but isn't that always how it is!!?

2 comments:

Liana said...

I love these! Great fabric choices and your piecing makes them better yet. What do you line them with? You know you're going to get copied on these.... :)

Lisette M said...

These are so pretty, and who doesn't like Crabtree & Evelyn? My favorite is the gardeners line.

View Barbara Elfman Bell's profile on LinkedIn