Sunday, November 23, 2008

Handbag Happy!

Well, not "handbag happy" yet, but I'm going to be soon, thanks to my receiving this mini-haul from M & J Trim. They were having an online sale a few weeks ago on handbag handles, so I bit. Check out those spotted ones - inlaid wood, and I paid, I think, less than $8 or $9. A deal. I also bought some sew on 'jewels'. I like those black plastic square handles, too. And the wooden circles.

Because the little bags I made a few weeks ago were a hit with the recipients (see previous post), I thought I'd make a few more larger bags, and maybe give them as holiday gifts. That's why I bought all these handles.

Right now, however, I'm in the middle of a little project - I'm making a sleeveless black sheath dress, using Nancy Erickson's 1960 top pattern as a base. I've been using this pattern to make semi-fitted (looser than the famous Jalie T-shirt) knit garments for over 8 years. I'm lining this to the edge with black power dry. So, a few hours to get that done (stay tuned), and I'll be on to handbag making mode over the Thanksgiving Holiday. (Nick and I will be hosting Thanksgiving dinner for 15, so sewing will start on Friday!).

2 comments:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Great haul and I'm sure there are going to be some amazing purses made to accompany those great handles.

Liana said...

You picked some great handles, and I can't wait to see your new bags. But....dinner for 15? Wow! You're very brave, and obviously a confident cook. :) Have a great time!

View Barbara Elfman Bell's profile on LinkedIn