Sunday, April 18, 2010

Fuschia Sunshine


I was in the mood for a quick project this weekend (seems lately most of my sewing is in the immediate gratification category). I've been wanting to make the Weekender Sunshine Top. I cut it out late yesterday evening, and since I could not sleep last night, I got up bright and early (when you're eyes are wide open at 2:30 AM you might as well make hay if you're me) and easily finished it in time to wear to church this morning.

I had planned to make the version with the waist band, but didn't like the way it looked on me, so I cut the waist band off and simply hemmed the top with my coverstitch machine. There will be plenty of these in store at Cat Fur Studio. I love the design. It covers little bulges (I'm a few pounds above normal weight right now - no biggie really, as I will lose the weight with increased exercise, but for now it's nice that this top covers that little waistline 'blub' I have that sits at my waistband.)

I finished the Pyramid Bag last week, and have used it incessantly since then. Mine is the exact same color shown on the front of pattern illustration. I used faux suede, and it was my first time making anything of this fabric. The persimmon colored bag and my new fuschia top went pretty well together, I think, especially along with my orange and cream high heeled sandals. I was so in the mood to wear color today that I even painted my nails green using this.

I'll post more on both the handbag and the top later. Maybe I'll also put up a video. I think I will, it's just a matter of taking the time.
On weekends, I've been helping my dad and mom refinish a boat for the past month or so, and wanted to share this photo of the flying squirrels that I saw today. They live in my dad's wood shop. This particular colony has lived in and around my parents place for at least 50 years. I understand they're pretty rare to find in a suburban environment such as ours, since they're mostly woodland dwellers.

3 comments:

Gorgeous Things said...

Love that color and those squirrels are so cute!

Trudy said...

Lovely top. I love the color.

Little Hunting Creek said...

I love your top -great color!

View Barbara Elfman Bell's profile on LinkedIn