Yep, that's me on the north shore of Oahu. Man, oh, manishewitz, was it a long trip to Hawaii from the east coast.
But it was worth it.
Nick and I had a magnificent time:
1. Watching the surfer dudes. The waves were, like, tubular, man!
3. Hiking the jungle.
4. Hiking the hills.
5. Eating pineapple. (At 75 cents a piece, what's not to love?)
6. Walking in warm tidal pools.
7. Eating raw Ahi accompaned by purple tuber-like things (sweet potatoes, I think.)
8. Taking my coffee out to the back yard, at 6:30 AM, and watching the waves roll in over the sand and igneous rock lumps.
9. Doing the tacky tourist thing and eating "dole whip" at the Dole Pineapple Plantation. (With busloads of Japanese School Girls, who were wearing the coolest plaid uniforms!)
10. Watching Samoan guys at the Polynesian Cultural Center, as they taught us how to make coconut milk.
Now I'm back at home, and it's time to get sewing! Stay tuned...